About Your Visit
For Your Appointment
Arrive early to fill out forms if you are a new patient or to be seen for a new problem. Forms are available online to fill out prior to your arrival in order to expedite your visit.
What to Bring
Please bring the following to your visit:
- Driver's License/State ID Card
- Referral (If Required by Insurer)
- Insurance Information
- Fees and Payment (Cash, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover)
- A List of Current Medications and Any Known Allergies
- Copies of Operation Records, Medical Records, X-rays, MRIs, and CT Scans from Prior Doctor Visits (Please bring of copy of the images and the report, please do not bring only the report)
What to Wear
- Shoulder Problem – Women Strapless or Spaghetti Straps Recommended
- Knee Problem – Shorts
- Electronic Medical Records
- Waiting rooms with free wireless internet for laptop and PDA users
- Digital X-ray
- On site MRI
- On site Physical Therapy
- Walking distance to the hospital and surgery center making us readily available to patients
Please call the office to make an appointment in advance. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call us as far in advance as possible so we may use that time to see another patient in need of care. We make a sincere effort to adhere to our appointment schedule and appreciate your patience if we are late due to emergencies or hospital surgery. Every effort is made to assure convenience and patient satisfaction.
Fees & Payments
We make every effort to decrease the cost of your medical care. Therefore, we request payment arrangements for all office services at the time they are rendered unless prior arrangements have been made. We accept cash, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover for your convenience. If we are a participating provider of your insurance company, we will bill them. However, payment is the patient's responsibility. We will help in any way we can to assist you in handling claims.
Please request all prescriptions and authorizations for renewals between 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, when our full records are available. Renewals requested at other times will be filled only for extreme or emergent circumstances.
Please note that as of October of 2014, government regulations have changed such that new prescriptions and refills of narcotic medications cannot be done over the phone, and now require a visit with the prescribing doctor. Please plan accordingly if you need a refill.
For a prescription refill call (562) 424-6666, ext. 241.