Dr. William H. Warden III
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Board Certified Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
William H. Warden III, MD
Dr. Warden treats a variety of Orthopaedic conditions and specializes in the following:
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic and Reconstructive Knee Surgery
- Arthroscopic and Reconstructive Shoulder Surgery
About Dr. Warden
Dr. Warden focuses on the treatment of sports medicine injuries, arthroscopic and reconstructive knee and shoulder surgery.
Dr. Warden graduated magna cum laude from Amherst College, where he played football and wrestled. He attended medical school at Columbia University where he received awards in clinical work, research, and biological sciences. He completed his Orthopaedic residency at the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in New York. Following completion of the prestigious sports medicine fellowship at the Southern California Center for Sports Medicine in Long Beach, California, Dr. Warden practiced for several years in West Covina before joining Memorial Orthopaedic Surgical Group.
His goal is to return patients to sports, work, and play rapidly and safely. His approach to care involves high quality evaluation and treatment of the musculoskeletal system.
He has served as Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center and also at Miller Childrens Hospital. He has published numerous articles and book chapters and currently serves as a reviewer for the American Journal of Sports Medicine.
Dr. Warden provides sports medicine coverage for Long Beach City College, Long Beach Poly High School, and Millikan High School.
In his spare time he enjoys astronomy, guitar, and running.
- Undergraduate: Amherst College, Amherst, MA
- Medical: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: The New York Orthopaedic Hospital, Columbia–Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Southern California Center for Sports Medicine, Long Beach, CA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- California Orthopaedic Association
- American Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- Los Angeles County Medical Association